02 August 2009

Too close for comfort

With my departure date rapidly approaching, it seems only natural that my mind constantly strays to that far off place I will call home for a few months...but I find I have nothing to grasp hold of. No matter how many articles or books I read, pictures I gloss over, or movies I watch, India seems no closer than the day I decided to travel there.

The nerves have definitely set in, but the excitement cannot be beat. I know I will miss America (it is a pretty cool place, all in all) but I am thankful for this chance I have to get acquainted with a culture so incredibly different than my own.

The worst part about leaving is everyone I leave behind, but I comfort myself with the reminder of all the experiences I will share when I get back.

My goal with this travel blog is to share some of my experiences with everyone all at once. I would love the occasional e-mail, but this is the best way for me to keep in touch (comments, also, would be greatly appreciated!). I will (hopefully) post and upload photos on a regular basis...depending on the internet and down time. Once again, I don't really have any prediction of the conditions.

ONE WEEK TIL TAKE OFF
Love to all! Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment